Although the term responsive design is highly popular amongst the people, but there are still many who are unaware of its actual meaning. Even today the question “what is responsive designing” is the first one to strike most of the clients. So it becomes really important to get this concept cleared and here we take a minute trying to explain this new design method in layman’s language.
With responsive web design becoming the new buzz word, web design and development field is consistently growing and evolving. Now here many of you must be thinking what actually this design is and why it has become the need of an hour. Well, this is the outcome of the rapid growth of mobile devices, which has changed the whole scenario about our perception on the Internet of things. Till now we were using huge varieties of screen sizes to view websites and use applications, but thanks to responsive designing for introducing small variety of desktop screen resolutions.
The benefits of smaller resolutions can be fondly enjoyed on your mobile devices. This is because responsive designing is actually the result of your hand-held devices only. When mobile devices became extensively popular, the mobile browser developers had to bring out something to make web surfing interesting and what they did was, hard-coded the websites to a width of 800px in a much smaller screen. And this is how the birth of responsive web design took place.
How Responsive Designing Proved Beneficial?
Since every person is using the Internet on their mobile devices so responsive designing has become extremely important. Cast a glance at some of its amazing benefits:
1) Its effortless multi-device adaptation is what makes it the ideal choice. This makes the website easily accessible on all types of devices, making it highly flexible.
2) With responsive designing there is no need to create different versions of your website. Responsive designs are very easy to maintain and can work seamlessly on different devices.
3) This type of designing helps in improving your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques as you will only need to optimize the content for one link and the URL structure will remain constant for all devices.
4) In case of online ventures, responsive designs offer high conversion rates, resulting in increased mobile sales and an upward shift in your top line.
5) Responsive web designs give a seamless web experience to mobile users and make Internet surfing an interesting affair.
This design approach is quickly becoming the new web design and development standard. Since mobile traffic is rapidly increasing and will continue to rise with every passing day so one must go with the latest trend of responsive designing for enhanced results.